Thursday, February 18, 2010

Getting the News

A little recap of the past two weeks or so....My Papa Bill starting feeling like his throat was closing up. Eating was getting progressivly harder and he was feeling like he was starting to suffocate. After going to the doctor they decided to go in and do a surgery to stretch his throat. February 11 i beleive is the day he went in for surgery....everything I assume went as planned that morning and they began the surgery. Not long into the procedure the doctor stopped unable to get his tools down far enough to stretch his throat and ended up taking a biopsy sample to send off for testing.

Yesterday th doctor called and told my Papa the results were in but they "didnt look promising." but none the less to return to his office today at 2:15. So now today February 18, 2009 my grandpa along with my grandma his son Jeff and my aunt Renea went to the doctor appointment for the test results. All day long its been all i could think about. At around 2pm I finally took off work a little early i could no longer focus in the least bit. I had to leave. I had to do something to get my mind off it for a little bit. So i net up with Morgan to run to the outlet mall and the Woodlands mall. 3o'clock came around then three thirty and still no word on the results. At 4 minutes till 4 I finally called my mom to see if she had heard anything yet....CANCER. My grandpa has cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment